Awaken Prayer Terms-of-useRev 2.1 Effective Date: January 1, 2019
Ownership and PurposePaladin Ventures, Inc. owns and operates AwakenPrayer.com (interchangeably referred to in this policy as “Awaken,” “Awaken Prayer” or “the service”), a Christian faith- and Bible-based service that provides web-based tools and a web-based forum for encouraging and rallying the global church of Christ to pray. Awaken Prayer accomplishes this by providing:
- Timely information
- Online communication
- Organizational and inspirational tools
- Equip the saints for service
- Prepare the bride of Christ for our soon returning Lord
- Unite Christians in prayer as never before
RegistrationBy registering with Awaken Prayer and using the Awaken Prayer website (however accessed) or applications made available by Awaken Prayer, including mobile applications, you agree to be bound by all of the items discussed in this terms-of-use policy. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the items discussed in this terms-of-use policy, do not register or use the service. Thank you. Age Restriction—You must be at least 15 years old to register for our service and at least 18 years old to create and maintain a group. Registration Information—When registering for the service, you are agreeing:
- To provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form
- To promptly update your registration information to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete
- To not create an account for anyone other than yourself
- That we reserve the right to refuse access to the service to anyone for any reason at any time
- That we reserve the right reject any username for any reason
- That you are responsible for all data charges (such as ISPs and cell phone data charges from your cell phone provider) you incur through use of the service
SubmissionsPrivate Submissions—Awaken Prayer contains sections that we consider your personal/private space. What you write in your personal space is between you and the Lord. Your personal private MyPage, which includes:
- Your personal prayer lists
- Personal account settings
- Prayer Lists
- Group Chat
- Right speech
- Violate any copyright, trademark rights, patent rights, rights in know-how, privacy or publicity rights, trade secret rights, confidentiality rights, contract rights, or other rights of any individual or legal entity
- Are harmful; hateful; threatening; abusive; harassing; defamatory or libelous; sexually explicit, that promote sexual orientation; vulgar, lewd, obscene, pornographic or pedophilic; racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive; inappropriate; or inflammatory; you know or reasonably should know are false, deceptive or misleading
- Contain information that could be used for identity theft purposes or to publicly expose or place in jeopardy another member’s identity, such as posting phone numbers, email or physical addresses, social security numbers, credit card, bank account or other financial information, driver’s license numbers, security codes or passwords
- Contain private or sensitive information about any individual, such as information about that person’s sex life, political opinions, criminal charges or convictions, religious or philosophical beliefs, physical or mental health conditions, or other sensitive matters, without first obtaining that person’s express permission
- Contain government or corporate restricted, secret or otherwise classified information
- Defame, stalk, bully, abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, or intimidate people.Contain the image, name, or likeness of anyone other than yourself, unless you have first obtained that individual’s express permission
- Link to materials or other content, directly or indirectly, to which you do not have a right to link or that violates these restrictions
- Violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law
- Are inconsistent with the values or the spirit of the Awaken Prayer community as defined and demonstrated in the Holy Scriptures: the Bible
- Comply with legal process
- Enforce this Terms-of-Use
- Respond to claims that any submission violates the rights of third-parties
- Protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Awaken Prayer, its users, and the public
Restrictions on Use of the ServiceYou must not interfere with or disrupt the service or servers and networks connected to the service, including transmission of worms, trojans, viruses, spyware, malware, or other code of a destructive or disruptive nature. You may not inject content or code or otherwise alter or interfere with the way any Awaken Prayer page is rendered or displayed in a user’s browser or device. You may not post, email, or otherwise make available any content of this service or use this service:
- To engage in advertising or marketing activities of any kind, spamming, chain letters, or pyramid schemes
- In a manner that is misleading, deceptive, fraudulent, or is otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities. This includes, but is not limited to, obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes—known as phishing
- To interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the service or prevent others from using the service, or use the service in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this service, or that otherwise negatively affects other person’s ability to use this service
- To post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content, or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Awaken Prayer infrastructure.
- To interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, computer hardware, or telecommunications equipment through virus-infected software or other computer code, files, or programs
- To access or manage a user account other than your own, whether by manual or automated means, or to monitor or copy the service or the content using agents, robots, scripts, or spiders
- Breaches or violations of this terms-of-use policy or other incorporated agreements or guidelines
- Lawful requests by law enforcement or other government agencies
- A request by the subject of a group or a person authorized to represent that person
- Discontinuance or material modification to the site (or any part thereof)
- Unexpected technical or security issues or problems
Ownership of the Services and SubmissionsOwnership of the Service—Awaken Prayer, including content and software code developed by and for Paladin Ventures, Inc. to operate the service, is owned by Paladin Ventures, Inc. Certain functions of the service are provided by software from third parties who have licensed their rights to Paladin Ventures, Inc. No right, title or interest in the service or any Awaken Prayer content is transferred to you under this terms-of-use policy. Awaken Prayer does not claim ownership of the copyrights in your submissions. Trademarks—All trade names, trademarks, and service marks displayed on the service are the registered or unregistered trademarks of Paladin Ventures Inc., its licencors, or other third parties and are protected by United States of America and international trademark laws and treaties. You may not use any trademarks displayed on the service without the prior express written permission of Paladin Ventures Inc. or the trademark owner. Ownership of Ideas—As used in this terms-of-use policy, the term “ideas” refers to any feedback, suggestions, inventions, conceptions or ideas you submit to the management of Awaken Prayer. The term “ideas” does not include any submission you post on an Awaken Prayer site. Paladin Ventures Inc. does not wish to receive confidential or proprietary ideas. All ideas submitted to Awaken Prayer through our service shall be considered NON-CONFIDENTIAL and NON-PROPRIETARY. DO NOT POST CONFIDENTIAL OR PROPRIETARY IDEAS TO US. DO NOT SUBMIT IDEAS TO US IF YOU EXPECT ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION. ANY IDEAS YOU CHOOSE TO SUBMIT TO US MAY BE USED BY US IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER WITHOUT COMPENSATING YOU IN ANY WAY AND WITHOUT OBLIGATION OF CONFIDENTIALITY. PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SUBMIT ANY IDEAS TO US. By submitting ideas to Awaken Prayer, you are granting to Paladin Ventures Inc. and its designees a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty free, fully assignable, transferable and sub licensable license to use, exploit, modify, improve, copy, distribute, display or perform publicly in digital video or audio transmission (such as in visual or sound recordings), prepare derivative works of the ideas you submit and all rights therein, without restrictions of any kind, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, without notification to you or any third party, and without attribution, throughout the universe and in any form, format, or current and future form of medium, and to authorize others to do the same. This license includes the right to reduce to practice, make, have made, use, import, export, sell, and offer to sell products and services incorporating, embodying, or using the ideas (including, to the extent reasonably necessary, any ideas underlying the submitted ideas) and to authorize others to do the same.
Right to Modify or Discontinue Service and SitesAwaken Prayer reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the service or any part of the service with or without notice. Awaken Prayer shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the service.
Disclaimer of WarrantiesPALADIN VENTURES INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THIS SERVICE, ANY CONTENT (INCLUDING USER SUBMISSIONS) ON THIS SERVICE, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROMOTED THROUGH THIS SERVICE. THIS SERVICE AND ALL OF ITS CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, PALADIN VENTURES INC. DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY STATUTE, CUSTOM, OR COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR IN ANY OTHER WAY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, AWAKEN PRAYER DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE ACCURACY, CORRECTNESS, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY CONTENT APPEARING ON THIS SERVICE.
Limitations of LiabilityUNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL AWAKEN PRAYER, OR ITS SPONSORS, LICENCORS, OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SERVICE, ITS CONTENT (INCLUDING USER SUBMISSIONS), ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SERVICE, OR YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE DUE TO VIRUSES THAT MAY AFFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, DATA OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL FROM THIS SERVICE. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFITS), WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF AWAKEN PRAYER OR ANOTHER RELEASED PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE SUCCESS OR EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, ILLEGAL OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF AWAKEN PRAYER, ITS SPONSORS, LICENCORS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, UNDER SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES TO YOU OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE THESE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL LIMIT OR EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Choice of Law, Jurisdiction, and VenueThis terms-of-use policy and the relationship between you and Awaken Prayer shall be governed by and construed according to the federal laws of the United States of America (U.S.A.) and the internal laws of the state of Missouri, U.S.A., excluding conflict of laws provisions that would indicate the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. ANY LEGAL ACTION OR PROCEEDING RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THE SERVICE OR THIS TERMS-OF-USE POLICY SHALL BE INSTITUTED ONLY IN A STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN JACKSON COUNTY, MISSOURI, U.S.A. YOU AND PALADIN VENTURES INC. IRREVOCABLY AGREE TO SUBMIT TO THE JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS. You expressly waive any claim of improper venue and any claim that such courts are an inconvenient forum. If the courts of the country in which you reside should determine that the provisions of this paragraph are not enforceable, then you agree to submit to binding arbitration.
Statute of LimitationsYou agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of our service or this terms-of-use policy must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
GeneralAs used in this terms-of-use policy, the term “including” means “including, but not limited to.” Section headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of a section. Our failure at any time to require performance of any provision of this terms-of-use policy or to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision or such right. If any provision of this terms-of-use policy is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions. The remaining provisions of this terms-of-use shall remain in full force and effect. This terms-of-use policy sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and Awaken Prayer and supersedes all prior understandings and agreements between you and Awaken Prayer with respect to the subject matter hereof.
Other AgreementsWhen you sign up to use specific functionality or a special feature of our service, you may be asked to agree to special terms governing your use of that functionality or special feature. In such cases, you will be asked to expressly consent to the special terms, for example, by checking a box or clicking a button marked “I agree.” This type of agreement is known as a “click-through” agreement. If any of the terms of the click-through agreement are different than this terms-of-use policy, the terms of the click-through agreement shall supplement or amend this terms-of-use, but only with respect to the matters governed by the click-through agreement.
Linked SitesThe service and sites may provide links to other Internet websites or resources that are neither controlled nor endorsed by Awaken Prayer. Awaken Prayer is not responsible in any manner for any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available on linked sites.
Contact UsIf you have any questions regarding this terms-of-use policy, please use the Submit a Request button at the top of this page or contact us by email at support@AwakenPrayer.com You may also send mail to Paladin Ventures, Inc. P.O. Box 1108 Grandview, MO 64030. [/section]
Lets keep in touch!
We will never sell or share your email address and will promptly remove it from our database if and when you request it.